Thursday, January 13, 2011

insomnia...

insomnia...

insomnia old man
let me take u by the hand
as u dance me round and round
till the moon, she comin down
lead me on your lonesome walk
preach to me your Folsom talk
insomnia, insomnia, insomnia

screaming whispers in my face
pass no dreams into my grace
will i ever win your race?
insomnia
have no prayers for the sun
i sit awaiting ev'ry one
got Churchill's black dog on the run
insomnia

insomnia old girl
got me floating in your world
by the river's muddy deep
poor man Buckley lost his feet
will the sweetness of the dream
ever cut your bitter sting?
insomnia, insomnia, insomnia

(chorus)

toss and turn or do i sit
curse at you and beg u quit
Sisyphus rut in my pit
your stone keeps rollin
up and down, then down and up
with your never empty cup
your feast of famine where i sup
till soul is swollen...


insomnia old friend
just a kite in your storm's wind
cut the string, let me pretend
that i am flying...

No comments:

Post a Comment