Wednesday, August 3, 2011

oh my my...

oh my my, what have we done?
we've pawned all of our bullets to buy some bigger guns
we burned all the maps so that we can plainly see
that everybody's lost; you as well as me
rather than extend a hand to share a neighborly drink
I pissed in the canteen so you have to smell it stink
cut down all the trees and hid away of their fruit
now can't seem to find them, but hey, neither can you
I plan for tomorrow by souring today
to prove that it didn't work out; not doing things OUR way
you want us to be unyielding, and so for you we stood
you all may be suffering, but it's really for your own good
and when there's nothing remaining for granddaughter and son
and they ask, "oh my my, what have you all done?"
we can just smile down upon them all like the rays of the golden sun
and tell them oh so proudly, "child, what we've done ...is won."

No comments:

Post a Comment